Nottingham Music Tuition Ltd Privacy Notice
This notice provides additional privacy information for:
- Parents/carers who have filled in NMT application forms for students to take part in lessons and other musical activities with NMT either at school or at any musical events held at external venues including, but not limited to, holiday clubs, ABRSM/Trinity exam entries and ensembles/orchestras.
- Schools who have entered into a contract with NMT for the provision of instrumental music lessons and other musical activities listed in point 1 above.
NMT Ltd obtains your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with on-going information regarding NMT Ltd and their staff.
- To issue invoices for the services we provide you with.
- To communicate with you with information. This will include, but not limited to, information regarding lessons, exam/grading information, student reports, performance opportunities, safeguarding information. We will not collect information we do not need in order to provide our service to you.
Categories of personal data:
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Information about the school your child attends and the year group they are in.
- In situations where parents apply directly to NMT Ltd for music lessons, we collect information regarding your child’s name, name of school, school year as well as your name, your postal address, email address and phone numbers.
- We may also ask for medical conditions and SEN information relating to your child so our teachers can tailor their lessons accordingly.
Legal Basis for Processing your Information.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- Invoicing and Communications: In some cases our contract is directly with parents in which case we use your information to raise invoices, to communicate timetable changes, to provide information pertinent to your child’s lessons and other reasonable communications regarding additional activities of specific musical education interest. We may be unable to provide our services if the requested personal information is not made available by you.
- Photography: We request consent during the application process to use images specifically for our website – www.nmtltd.co.uk, for social media and for printed promotional material. We will also contact you should we request specific consent to use photographs or images for any other reason not listed above.
We will not share any personal information with anyone except in certain circumstances. These are:
- NMT teaching staff. In certain cases our staff will have access to your email address and telephone numbers. This will be in the circumstance of on-line music lessons that have been arranged between you, NMT Ltd and your child’s school.
- Your child’s school. We will share basic information about your child’s instrumental progress with either your child’s primary school or the Head of Music at your child’s secondary school. We will share musical achievements gained by your child with your child’s school and request that any achievements be published in school newsletters.
- We may share basic information about your child’s instrumental education as your child moves between junior/secondary schools.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place electronic and physical procedures to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of information and to secure the information we collect.
Rights of Individuals
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For a full explanation of the above rights, please visit the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing Nottingham Music Tuition Ltd at email@example.com